Registration For New Students To Our Program
If this is your family’s first time coming to our program, please fill out the registration from and follow the directions:
Registration for new students takes place in the late spring and throughout the summer until the end of August. Please follow these guidelines when registering:
- Each family must be a registered member of St. Pius X Church. Please download the form and fill it out and either mail to: St. Pius X Church, 91 Secor Rd. Scarsdale, NY 10583 or drop it in the collection basket on Sunday when you attend Mass.
- Each child entering our program must have on file at the time of registration, a registration form/student information sheet, Emergency Medical form, and Baptismal Certificate.
- Each family needs to provide us with previous records from former programs to transfer students to our program.
Student Information/Medical Emergency Form:
All families receive a student information/medical emergency form to fill out for each child registering. The Archdiocese of New York requires this form to be on file at the school in case of an emergency. If any of the information on this form changes, please contact the office to fill out a new form.
Student Transfer/Early Withdrawal:
If a student leaves the program before completion of the Catechetical year, or at the end of the year please advise the Religious Education Office so we can send records to the new parish where the child will be attending.
Re-registration for families presently in our program
In order to re-register for the following school year, we ask that you complete the registration form, or bring it in or mail it to us along with your tuition payment. If you have a child you need to register new to our program, please also use the registration form. Please remember to send in a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate with new registrations.
The following requirement comes directly from the Archdiocese of New York:
- Parish Religious Education Programs are preparation for life. The students are expected to attend Religious Education classes continuously from grade 1 through 8.
- Any child who drops out of the program after receiving First Communion will be required to complete the grade level(s) missed, unless he/she was involved in another program.
The placement of a student is determined after consultation with parents. The final decision is made by the Religious Education Staff.