Grade One – Religious Education Program Curriculum
Theme: God is our Father who loves us. Jesus is the Son of God who tells us about our Father. The Holy Spirit helps us to be holy.
Objective: To develop an awareness of God the creator, who gives us life and grace and promises us eternal life through Jesus.
Profession of Faith: “I believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.”
Words to be taught:
|Catholic||Guardian Angel||Sacrament of Baptism|
Liturgical Symbols and Gestures to be taught:
|Altar||Holy Water Font||Sanctuary|
|Baptismal Font||Kneeling||Sign of the Cross|
- Give Sacred Scripture a special place in the classroom.
- Have the children bless themselves with holy water as a reminder of their baptism.
- Encourage a reverent and prayerful attitude in the place of worship.
- Have the children genuflect or make a profound bow before the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.
- Foster the children’s participation in the prayer and worship of the parish community.
|Prayers to be taught:||Prayers to be encouraged:|
|Sign of the Cross||Morning and Evening Prayers|
|Our Father||Grace at Meals|
|Hail Mary||Spontaneous Prayer|
|Glory to the Father (Doxology)|
- Christ Our Life has wonderful on-line activities, interactive Chapter reviews, Saints Stories for Kids and On-line games it is both informative and fun. Please click the link for more information www.christourlife.com