In the Sacrament of Baptism, all sins are forgiven, original sin and all personal sin, as well as punishment for those sins, so that there is no impediment to our entry into the Kingdom of God. Baptism makes us members of the Body of Christ; followers of Christ. Our Parish community rejoices as we welcome a new member who will grow in faith, serve others and join us in the praise of God.
Through your child’s Sacrament of Baptism, you, the child’s parent, affirm that you will raise your child in the practice of the Catholic faith.
- The parents must schedule a meeting with one of our priests by calling the Parish Office at 914-725-2755. At the meeting, the priest will discuss details, complete paperwork including a Baptism Registration Form (See link below.) and help you prepare for your child’s reception of the Sacrament of Baptism. The parents must bring their child’s Birth Certificate to the meeting with the priest.
- There must be one Godparent although two Godparents – one male and one female – is preferable.
- At least one Godparent must be Catholic. (An unbaptized person cannot serve as a Godparent as they cannot give witness to the Catholic faith. A non-Catholic Christian is a Christian witness.) The Catholic Godparent must have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Holy Communion and Confirmation and, if married, must be married validly in the Catholic Church.
- The Godparent must be at least 14 years old.
- The Catholic Godparent must obtain a Godparent Sponsorship Form from his/her own parish. (See link below.)
- Infant Baptisms generally take place on Saturday at 10:30 am and Sunday at 1:15 pm after the 12:00 noon Mass.
- Private baptisms with a visiting priest who is a relative or friend may be arranged by contacting the Parish Office at 914-725-2755.
- A Baptismal offering is greatly appreciated.
For Adult Baptism, please contact the Parish Office at 914-725-2755.
- Please click here for the Baptism Registration Form (PDF)
- Please click here for the Godparent Sponsorship Form (PDF)
Donations: There are no set fees for Baptism. The parents or the Godparents of the person being baptized are asked to make a sacrificial donation to the Church at the time of the Baptism in the name of the new member. These contributions help to defray the operational costs of maintaining the Parish and allow the Parish to continue doing good works.
View a calendar of events for the entire year.
Become a member of the Church of Saint Pius X Family.
Includes current events from ours and other parishes, Mass intentions, and more. Click here.