Check here for the most updated information, news and guidelines on how our church is handling Mass and social distancing during the pandemic.
- St. Pius X guidelines to safely attend Mass (as of December 2020).
- Schedule, instructions, and reservations for public weekend masses.
- Sign up to attend Mass.
- Tips for all worshipers and what to expect
- Stream Mass on Boxcast 11:30am on weekdays, 5pm on Saturday, and all Sunday Masses.
- Tips for Viewing Mass on Streaming
As Pope Francis wrote in his recent New York Times editorial: “To come out of this crisis better, we have to recover the knowledge that as a people we have a shared destination. The pandemic has reminded us that no one is saved alone.”
Given the surge of COVID-19 throughout the area, and in the attempt to keep safe in Church, the following guidelines must be followed by everyone visiting St. Pius X Church:
- Wear masks, covering nose and mouth, at all times while at Church
- Keep 6 feet distance and avoid gathering
- Sanitize your hands when entering the Church
- Do not attend Mass if in the last 14 days:
- you have had any of the following symptoms: fever above 99.9°, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, any other signs of illness
- you have tested positive for COVID-19
- you have been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case
- If you have arrived from another state or from another country, you must comply with the current NYS Covid-19 regulations regarding quarantine and testing
- In order to enforce CDC and State social distancing rules our capacity at the Church is limited. Due to the need to maintain a list of persons attending Mass in the event contact tracing becomes necessary, you are required to register for a specific Mass, on weekends and holidays, through the SignUp Genius link provided in the email announcements and bulletin, or by calling the parish office at 914-725-2755. (Walk-ins may only register at the door if space is available for a specific Mass.)
Below is our SignUp Genius Link for Weekend Masses:
Below is our SignUp Genius Link for Christmas Masses:
- For weekend and holiday Masses, you will be assigned a seat by a greeter. You must sit in the specific assigned seat. You cannot change your sitting location. We keep a record of names and seats, in case tracing becomes necessary
- You are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before Mass begins. Seats and Mass attendance are guaranteed to those who have registered ONLY UNTIL 5 MINUTES PRIOR to the beginning of the celebration. Your seat may be given to a walk-in (who registers at the door). In this case you may not be allowed to attend Mass if the seating capacity is reached. Unfortunately, it will be necessary to prevent entrance (doors will be locked) when Mass begins and full capacity is reached.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 in the subsequent 7 days after attending mass, please notify us by calling the parish office at 914-725-2755. Strict confidentiality will be maintained.
- If we receive a report that someone who has attended a Mass at the Parish was subsequently diagnosed with COVID-19, we will:
- notify all who had signed up to attend the Mass where the exposure might have occurred, and all Masses after that during the same day, by phone and/or email and/or our website
- conduct a thorough, deep, cleaning and disinfecting of the church in accordance with cleaning guidance provided by the CDC guidelines
If you wish to register family and friends to attend Mass with you during the Christmas season, please be sure to share this important information with them.
If they cannot comply with this, we ask you not to attend mass at this time. We look forward to celebrating together again when it is safe to do
These may seem like strict rules to implement but we need to try to keep the St. Pius X Church community safe. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation until the COVID-19 pandemic is no longer a threat.
Ahead of time:
- Prepare for an online St. Pius X Mass to attend and set up your connections.
- Consider setting up chairs for your “pews” instead of sitting on your sofa.
- Get dressed up as if you were going to Mass.
- Place holy water out so your family can bless themselves before Mass.
- Mark the readings in your Bibles before Mass begins so you can follow along.
- Offer up your Mass for your family’s intentions and for the needs of the world.
As Mass begins:
- Light a candle nearby. This is a reminder that Jesus, the Light of the World, is there with you.
- Follow along in your My Holy Mass booklet.
- Participate by singing, saying the responses, standing, sitting, and kneeling as if you were in a church.
- Pray a spiritual Communion during the distribution of the Blessed Sacrament. (see below)
- Serve donuts or some special treat after Mass.
If attending in-person, please register for Mass by the Thursday prior to the weekend you wish to attend.
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that You are present
in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen